Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baby Loves Beets!








I learned a lesson today about not passing your own food issues on to your child. I hate beets but a good friend gave me a beautiful, fresh golden one from the market this weekend, so I decided to bake it up. Why waste good food? And perhaps this time I'd like them.

I peeled it, chopped it and poured a balsamic vinaigrette over the pieces. At lunch I warmed up the beets and as I began to add some herbed goat cheese to the bowl, my Baby Bug noticed what I was doing and went ga-ga over them. I had to give her some as she was kicking up a storm. Although I've been feeding her off my plate for weeks no, I never planned to offer her beets. I find they taste like dirt so why on earth would she like them? She adored them and couldn't get enough. And why not? Baked beets are sweet and have a lovely texture.

You can tell she's loving them! From now on I'll just let her try anything that's baby-appropriate without considering first how I feel about the food.

1 comment:

karen w said...

I like this story : )

Thanks for sharing it and the pics of your sweetie say it all! You are an amazing Mom!

karen